Busy Busy September 11, 2007Posted by Zara's Mama in my two girls, myself.
One trip ahead.
Two trips to plan for.
1 birthday bash in November.
1 birthday get-together in December.
5 photobooks and 8 posters to design.
Many more technical documents to review.
And it’s already September… 3 more months and it’s 2008.
My two girls will be back when I’m done with the heavy workload.
I thought Zara looked nice in this PJ 2yrs back, so I bought another similar one in a bigger size. I never knew I would have two girls today who would be able to wear them together
Protected: The Forgotten One September 7, 2007Posted by Zara's Mama in bitching, myself.
Enter your password to view comments.
Small Girl Using
Posted by Zara's Mama in language, myself, parenting, Zara.
Big Not so Big Words
September 5, 2007
On a day when she had flu and she knows she can’t have anything cold :
“Kakak you warm up the ice cream for me la.”
On Daddy’s drinking in the restaurant :
“Daddy, you don’t drink beer la, after you mabuk (Malay : drunk) laaa.”
On her not able to handle her umbrella (kid’s size) in a windy, drizzling day :
“Mummy, I cannot handle any more. *Passed me the umbrella* You help me la.”
On me choosing her a DVD to watch (as she kept asking for the same one to be played in the evening for the past week) :
“Mummy, why you so stubborn one? I said I want to watch this show la, not that show.”
On Daddy blocking her in the toilet (Daddy brushing teeth and she needed to use the toilet bowl) :
“Excuse me Daddy, your big back side blocking me la.”
On me not wanting to bring her to the mini market :
“Mummy, you don’t be so selfish, you bring me to the mini market also”
Thanks to Leap Frog, we saw her using phonics the other day (nobody prompted her, she just picked up a book and did it):
*Referring to a picture of cat* Ke-ke-ke-ke Cat
*Referring to a picture of fish* Fe-Fe-Fe Fish
*Referring to a picture of a yo-yo* Ye-ye-ye-ye Yoyo
*Referring to a picture of a diamond* Die-Die-Die Diamond
The last bit made me laugh!! But, anyway, she got the concept right.
Notes : I’m the culprit who speaks with all the ‘la’s at home. Daddy has been ‘advicing’ me not to use so much la in my conversation with her, as she’s picking up all these from me. But I’m Malaysian la!
A Charity Tag July 17, 2007Posted by Zara's Mama in misc, myself.
Simple American has given me this meaningful tag.
What do I have to do? I only have to complete 17 (yes, only SEVENTEEN) sentences from the list below, and then I drop Idham a comment to say that I have completed the meme . So I just fill in the blank info for the list below and Idham shall contribute RM127 to the Darul Izzah Orphanage! Easy Peasy. Here it is:
1. A person is only as good as ….
2. Friendship is always at its best, when the friends stick around even when you are in difficulty.
3. To love is to give, and never expect anything in return (I’m talking about motherly love, girl/boy kind of love is different).
4. Money makes me …
5. I miss …
6. My way of saying I care is by spending time with a person.
7. I try to spread love and happiness by loving my children, and hope they will be happy, and affect people around them.
8. Pick the flowers …..
9. To love someone is to accept the person as it is (something which is very hard for me to achieve).
10. Beauty is …..
11. When I was thirteen, what I remember the most was trying to adjust to an all girls’ secondary school. (Where are the boys?)
12. When I was twenty one, I remember having a horrible boy friend and gosh, am I glad those days were over.
13. I am most happy when I hear my girls’ laughter.
14. Nothing makes me happier than … (see 13)
15. If I can change one thing, I will change my age of having my first kid. So I can have more energy to play with them, and I could enjoy their company earlier.
16. If smiles were equal to blessing then I’m very blessed as I get lots of smiles from my girls.
17. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could afford holidays all the time and not worry about work or money?
18. If you want to be … then you have to ….
19. Money is not everything but …..
20. The most touching moments I have experienced is experiencing the birth of my girls; nothing can describe the emotion I feel when they were placed on my tummy/arms after they were delivered.
21. I smile when I know my kids love me and need me.
22. When I am happy …. (see 13, 14)
23. If only I don’t have to …..
24. The best thing I did yesterday was to bring the girls to the park, and then let them have some fun.
25. If I ever write a book, I will give it this title, “My Two Girls” (what else?).
26. One thing I must do before I die is to visit the Grand Canyon
27. Doing this meme, I feel like I’m doing something good.
And now I pass this on the following people. You too want to help the kids at the orphanage right? And of course you the other people, you can volunteer to take this meme on if you so please. I tag:
Hope you can do it since it’ll help some orphans.
Protected: Spotted July 10, 2007Posted by Zara's Mama in bitching, myself.
Enter your password to view comments.
Food Around The World June 18, 2007Posted by Zara's Mama in myself, trips.
Oh boy, Miabambina and Ms Fairface tagged me on the subject I’m most passionate about.. food. I love to eat, I love good food, and this is one thing I’m willing to spend. I have so many things I like, I don’t know where to start…
So I’ll stick to the title : Food Around The World, literally, what more with my recent trip to Singapore, I made two delicious ‘international’ discoveries.
In Singapore, I was shopping for something to eat for breakfast on my last night, and I saw this pot of yogurt for sale in Market Square, Tangling Mall. I was more interested in the terracotta pot which was holding the yogurt, so I bought it, even though it was S$8 per pot (1 serving). I chose the one with honey, the way I like my yogurt.
The following morning, when I scoped the first spoon into the mouth, mama mia, what a heavenly sensation!! I had never tasted yogurt this delicious before. It was very creamy and smooth, and the honey taste was very distinctive (in Chinese you’ll say it’s very ‘hiong’ or ‘siang’). I normally gobbled up my breakfast because of hunger, but this time, I slowly tasted every spoon of it; letting the euphoric taste linger. Too bad, my ice box was full, or I would have bought a few pots for later enjoyment back home. This is the La Fermiere yogurt from France. If you haven’t tasted it and is a great fan of yogurt, you have to try this!! I heard, it’s one of the best yogurt in the world (from doing a google search).
Too bad, it’s not available in Malaysia, or I would have gladly paid RM20 a pot for the occasional indulgence.
The other gastronomic discovery is the zhongs from Hong Kong. A nice Hong Kong colleague of mine brought two from Maxim for me when we met in Singapore. We had one over the weekend and boy it was delicious!!
The rice was first wrapped with two pieces of bamboo leaves, then tightly bundled up with lotus leaves. The zhong has both the fragrance of the leaves. It was big enough for two big eaters like myself and Daddy, filled with pieces of roast duck (which I’m a big fan), lentils (I think that’s what it was), a nice salted egg yolk, a piece of lard (which we discarded), and a whole scallop. Oh boy.. what a treat it was.
The zhong and the momento of the orgasmic experience
Now I’m a convert for Hong Kong zhong and french yogurt! Can’t wait for the weekend to arrive so we can share the next zhong; and I’m looking forward to my next trip to Singapore for more La Fermiere orgasmic experience. Sorry yeah, these 2 items are not from my home town and I’m not sticking to the original tag.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ . ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here’s the trail of the tag
Mybabybay loves Asam Laksa from Penang, Malaysia
JustMyThoughts loves Penang Char Koay Teow
My Lil Venture loves Laksa Sarawak
Monterssorimum loves Teluk Intan Chee Cheong Fun
Chinnee loves Melaka Wan Tan Mee
PeimunLeah loves Hakka Lei Cha
Karen loves Pan Mee
Something about Lai loves Crispy duck skin from China
Simple American loves Cheese Enchiladas
Nicole Tan loves Char Tau Kueh
Velverse loves Otak-otak
Kenny Ng loves Jawa Mee
Fatty Poh loves Nasi Dagang Kelantan
wmw loves Kuih Tutu
Lyrical Lemongrass loves Asam Boi
Pinkelle loves Mee Siput and Keropok Lekor
Ms Fair Face loves BBQ Sambal Stingray
Mia Bambina loves Chicken & Beef Pie
Zara’s Mama discovered Hong Kong Zhong and La Fermiere Yogurt
Protected: 10 ways He Pisses me off May 7, 2007Posted by Zara's Mama in bitching, myself.
Enter your password to view comments.
Hottest Mommy Blogger? May 1, 2007Posted by Zara's Mama in myself.
Almost towards the end of it, some one I don’t know nominated my site for Hottest Mommy Blogger award. Haha. Me? Hottest Mommy Blogger? Cocka will have many reasons to state why I’m not hot. I just don’t resemble any of his HOT piaomeis. 😦
But I’m HOT for my girls, I have a HOT temper, and I live in a HOT country! That might make me HOT.
Why I got married to Daddy April 23, 2007Posted by Zara's Mama in myself.
This is difficult, hmmm, I myself sometimes question why I got married to Daddy. He’s not a bad guy really, but sometimes we can be so out of sync, I just wonder.. And I guess when you have been together with a person so long, you sometimes forgot what made you come together in the first place. When I got tagged by Whoisbaby and Mott, I have to think real hard.
So what made me tie the knot with him 9 years ago? After much thinking, here are the ten reasons :
1. I was smitten when I first laid eyes on him, it was my first day at work, and my then manager introduced me to him. That friendly smile and firm handshake swap me off my feet. Remember Jerry Maquire? After a lenghty romantic plea by Jerry Maquire, Dorothy Boyd said, “You had me at ‘hello.'”.. it was something like that for me as well.
2. He’s a 6-footer. Makes me look petite standing next to him (good enough reason?). It also gives me a secure feeling.
3. He’s an anglophile, and I’m a bit of an anglophile too. We like almost the same English Pop and movies.
4. He’s good with DIY-ing. He built me an adaptor for my disc man the first month we were together and I was damn impressed (that was then.. it takes more to impress me now).
5. He eats bread every single day for breakfast (even when we’re on vacation and staying in hotels which served good buffet breakfast). I’d heard some where that a person who can eat the same breakfast every day, must be able to stay with the same woman for the rest of his life. 🙂
6. He gives me freedom, allows me to work on my studies or my career – He’s the one who encouraged me to further my studies overseas, when all my other selfish and possesive ex boy friends
forced asked me to stay back (and I was stupid enough to listen to them).
7. He’s a practical person. He won’t surprise me with flowers or any of such ‘romantic’ gifts. But he’ll get me bags, shoes, jewelry that I’d picked out myself (no surprises). When I was studying overseas, instead of love letters and cards, he showed me his love by sending me my supplies of Chinese herbs, Chinese mushrooms, Milo etc (boring eh? but I’m in control of what I get. :)).
8. He takes care of himself, eats and drinks well, doesn’t smoke (I’d had my share of smoker ex boy friends). Only indulgence is the occasional beer or wine. He helps me to take care of myself too, watch what I eat, etc.
9. He gives me room to have my own friends, do my own things, go on my own trips.
10. He agreed to live in my dad’s house with my dad (a widower who would live alone in a big house if I moved out) after we got married, even though his parents were not very happy. It was 6 years later that we moved to our own house (my dad now lives with my sis).
Now… I remember why I got married to him. 🙂 Thanks to Mott and Whoisbaby.
Short Take – Back to Work April 3, 2007Posted by Zara's Mama in bitching, breastfeeding, my two girls, myself.
The kids were still sleeping at 9:45am! Not being awaken. I asked Tuyam, “Kalau mereka tidur sampai 12pm, you biar kan saja lar?” (Malay : If they slept till 12pm, you’ll leave them sleeping?)
My boss commented, “Full time mum and you have a part time job eh?” when I had my 1 on 1 with him. Apparently he read this post “=.=
Zara was so happy to see me home yesterday, she wanted to sit on my lap while I had dinner, and kept stroking my face. I was away from her for 10hours (the last I was away this long, it was when I went for my biz trip in Jul ’06).
Zaria refused to drink milk from the bottle and cried every time the bottle was placed in her mouth. She took less than 4oz while I was at work. She preferred to go hungry, and waited for me. She drank hungrily when I offered her the breast when I got home. =.=”
Work?? Pile high! 3000mails and every thing is urgent!! Well.. almost.
There’s also this new program, which I have little knowledge of and I have to pick it up and run!